V. Daniel R. Guide, Jr.
Smeal Chaired Professor of Operations & Supply Chain Management
Professor of Operations Research
Department of Supply Chain & Information Systems
Smeal College of Business
Pennsylvania State University
University Park, PA
(to send email replace |AT| with @)
· My research is focused on ways to create industrial systems that are both environmentally and economically sustainable. In particular, my work focuses on the design, management and control of closed-loop supply chains.
· Closed-loop supply chain management is the design, control and operation of a system to maximize value creation over the entire life-cycle of a product with dynamic recovery of value from different types and volumes of returns over time.
· I was Co-Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of Operations Management from 2011-2017.
· To see my up-to-date Google Scholar information http://scholar.google.com/citations?user=H7x1kq8AAAAJ&hl=en&oi=ao
· Journal feature issues on closed-loop supply chains that I’ve co-edited
o Production and Operations Management 2006 15(3&4)
1. Part 1 – 15(3)
2. Part 2 – 15(4)
· Full CV (current as of January 2020) – If you want a reprint of one of my articles, please send a request to my email address above
· My teaching case (with L.N. Van Wassenhove) ‘Product Returns at HP’ won the 2007 (P/OM) Case Award from ECCH