PSU 016, Section 550: Statistics First-Year Seminar
This intent of this first-year seminar is
to ease students' transition from high school to college,
to help students to become integrated into collegiate academic life,
specifically in the department of statistics, and
to facilitate student awareness of the numerous opportunities
available at University Park.
- David Hunter, Instructor
- Class: W 9:05-9:55, 014 Life Sciences
- Office Hours: By appointment (send email) or walk-in (if I'm in)
- Office: 310 Thomas Building
- Phone: 863-0979
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Posted 11-22-2009: Reminder: If interested, you are encouraged to begin the application process for the
the ECOS externship program. Complete application information is available at
- Posted 11-22-2009: The ECOS Code of Mutual Respect and Cooperation is linked to
- Posted 11-9-2009: Stat club will meet Wednesday, Nov. 11 at 7pm in 327 Thomas. The speaker
will be a recent alumnus, Ted Villacorta, who will talk about job opportunities at the company (IMS Health)
where he works.
- Posted 10-28-2009: We will discuss some lecture notes
about confidence intervals in class today.
- Posted 10-27-2009:
There is a one-credit course focusing on research skills that will be offered in the spring.
- Posted 10-6-2009:
Stat club will meet Wednesday, Oct. 7 at 7pm in 327 Thomas. Susan Knell will be the speaker.
- Posted 9-14-2009:
The first stat club meeting of the year will be Wednesday, Sept. 16 at 7pm in 327 Thomas.
- Posted 8-29-2009:
On Sept. 2, there will be an information session at 6pm for the ECOS LionPride organization; see
this flier for information.
- Posted 8-26-2009:
There will be an undergraduate reception for statistics majors
on Friday, August 28 at 3:30 in 328 Thomas. You are all invited and
encouraged to attend.