Who Am I?
I am currently a tenure-track Assistant Professor in the College of Information Sciences and Technology
and a faculty co-hire in the Institute for Computational and Data Sciences at Pennsylvania State University since August 2019.
I received my PhD degree from the Department of Computer Science and Engineering,
the State University of New York at Buffalo in 2019.
My advisor was Prof. Jing Gao.
Before that, I obtained M.S. and B.S. from Dalian University of Technology in China.
My research interests broadly are data mining and machine learning, including healthcare data mining, deep learning, truth discovery and probabilistic graphical model.
- Feb 2021: One paper is accepted by Expert Systems with Applications on hospital readmission prediction!
- Jan 2021: Two papers are accepted by WWW 2021! Both are on health risk prediction. One is to use knowledge graph paths, the other is to incoporate public health data.
- Dec 2020: One paper is accepted by SDM 2021!
- Dec 2020: Dr. Ma was invited to serve in the PC of KDD 2021 and CVPR 2020.
- Dec 2020: One paper is accepted by AAAI 2021!
- Aug 2020: One paper is accepted by ICDM 2020 (regular paper)!
- Aug 2020: Dr. Ma was invited to serve in the SPC of AAAI 2021 and PC of Bigdata 2020.
- Jul 2020: Two papers are accepted by CIKM 2020! One is on risk prediction in healthcare, and the other is on knowledge graph validation.
- Jul 2020: Dr. Ma was invited to serve in the program committee of SDM 2021.
- May 2020: Three papers are accepted by KDD 2020!
- May 2020: One paper on hospital readmissions prediction is accepted by Knowledge-Based Systems!
- May 2020: Dr. Ma (PI, Co-PIs: Drs. Sharon Huang, Prasenjit Mitra, and Vasant Honavar) received a one-year seed grant from ICDS & IST at Penn State.
- Feb 2020: Dr. Ma (PI, Co-PI: Dr. Sharon Huang) received a one-year seed grant from IST at Penn State.
- Jan 2020: Dr. Ma was invited to serve in the program committee of AMIA 2020.
- Jan 2020: Dr. Ma was invited to serve in the program committee of KDD 2020.
- Jan 2020: One paper on human activity recognition is accepted by IMWUT (UbiComp 2020)!
- Dec 2019: One paper on rare disease prediction is accepted by SDM 2020!
- Nov 2019: One paper on weakly-supervised fake news detection is accepted by AAAI 2020!
- Oct 2019: Two papers are accepted by IEEE Big Data 2019! One is on crowdsourcing aggregation, and the other is on federated multitask learning!
- Oct 2019: Our tutorial "Learning with small data" is accepted by WSDM 2020!
- Oct 2019: Honored to receive the 2018/2019 UB CSE PhD Dissertation Competition Runner-up!
- Oct 2019: One paper on pothole profiling with a reliability-aware vehicular crowdsensing system is accepted by IMWUT (UbiComp 2020)!
- Sep 2019: One paper on remote and through-wall screen attack via mmWave sensing is accepted by S&P 2020!