I am a rising 5th-year Ph.D. student working with Dr. Dongwon Lee and Dr. Aiping Xiong. Before joining Penn State, I worked with Dr. Bongwon Suh , and received my Master's degree in Engineering and Bachelor's degrees in Information Science and Culture, Political Science, and Korean History from Seoul National University in 2015 and 2012, respectively.
My research interest lies in social informatics and social computing, mainly focusing on misinformation correction. Currently, I am working on projects that explore effective ways to correct misinformation on social media and real correction cases in the wild. Please refer to my CV for more details.
* I am looking for summer internship related to social informatics research or user data analysis in 2022.
- Conducted large-sized online human-subject experiments (total subjects: 8K);
- Manipulated and statistically analyzed unstructured data from a mixed within and between subjects design;
- Crawled and analyzed millions of social media data using machine learning;
- Found effective ways to correct misinformation
- Foundations of Information Security and Assurance (Fall 2020);
- Risk Analysis in a Security Context(Fall 2020);
- Language, Logic, and Discrete Mathematics(Fall 2019);
- IT Project Management(Spring 2019);
- Computational Informatics(Spring 2019)
- Launched and operated multiple non-profit businesses;
- Published national scale annual reports about digital media usage of Korean NPOs ;
- Led development of several major websites
- Designed 7 types of user interfaces for Web/mobile application ;
- Social media contents management
Apart from being a Ph.D. student, I love cooking, traveling, and artwork. I also like to do jiu-jitsu and ride a bike. I have a huge interest in people and society from different cultures and backgrounds. My three bachelor's degrees and experiences of traveling to 28 countries show my characteristics. In particular, I have crossed the United States from East to West with a backpack alone. We can talk about various topics about our world and share travel information! I hope I can apply my knowledge to solve critical social problems.