Latexmk: current and previous versions;
Latexmk home page.
- V. 4.77 dated 17 March 2022.
This version is on
- Correctly handle non-ASCII filenames, UTF-8 coding of log files etc,
including on MS Windows.
- Better treatment of wrapped lines in log files, so dependency information
is correctly extracted, especially when filenames contain non-ASCII characters.
- Reinstate Windows batch file for running latexmk, now called latexmk.cmd.
- Internal improvements, bug fixes, improvement of warnings.
- Improved systematics on choice of STDOUT and STDERR for messages, matching
the use that *tex programs make of them.
- V. 4.76 dated 20 November 2021.
- In fdb_latexmk file, sort generated file list by name.
- If nothing is done in a rerun, don't do the unnecessary rewrite of fdb_latexmk file.
- Improve some diagnostics.
- Add /etc to list of locations for system rc files (with Unix-like OSs).
- V. 4.75 dated 21 September 2021.
- For biber, add dependency on any configuration file that is read.
- When -time option used, report running times for all rules
- When emulating aux_dir, put .synctex.gz .synctex files in out_dir (as
done by MiKTeX, and needed for their use).
- Turn emulate aux_dir off by default, to match behavior on older versions
of latexmk (BACKWARDS INCOMPATIBLE with 4.73 and 4.74.)
- Add end-of-all-runs warning if emulate aux_dir needed to be turned on,
when it was initially off.
- Add .synctex and .synctex.gz to list of extensions to clear by default.
- Turn back on default to report rc files read.
- Add options -rc-report, -rc-report-, -dir_report, -dir_report-.
- V. 4.74 dated 16 May 2021.
- Correct treatment of aux_dir and out_dir to avoid bugs that
appeared on MS-Windows only.
- Remove some informational messages (about rc files, and the state of
aux and dir settings after normalization).
- V. 4.73 dated 3 May 2021.
- Correct slowness in parsing some log files.
- Provide emulation of -aux-directory, so that it can be used with
implementation other than MiKTeX. (At the moment the only
documentation of this feature is given by latexmk --help.)
- V. 4.72b dated 15 Apr. 2021.
- For bibtex, revert to change-directory default when running bibtex.
- Add similar procedure for makeindex, but leave old default.
- Add options -indexfudge, -indexfudge-, -noindexfudge.
- Solve bug that transition from non-existent file to existent file didn't
trigger rerun of *latex. (This concerns files that were flagged as
missing in the .log file.)
- Give .latexmkrc priority of latexmkrc in finding rc files.
- Correct bug when chapterbib used with non-trivial out or aux dir.
- Improve handling of situation when auxdir or outdir are specified as
- Miscellaneous bug corrections.
- V. 4.70b dated 29 Sep. 2020.
- Fix problems when rearranging rules to deal with change of output
file of *latex engine (e.g., .pdf to .dvi). (Previously latexmk
would sometimes give a warning of a possible bug.)
- Fix problem with the new default not to do the change of directory
for bibtex. Use of full path names for output-directory or tex
file no longer causes a bibtex error.
- Add options -bibfudge, -bibfudge-, -nobibfudge.
- Many other versions. (Available if needed on request to maintainer at
the address below.)
- V. 2, which is where latexmk got started.
- Current main release is also
This page is maintained by
19 March 2022