Stochastic Modeling and Computational Statistics, Current and Past Seminars
Guidelines for SMAC talks:
- While stochastic modeling and computing are of particular interest, a much broader list of topics have been discussed in this series. Any talk that has a statistics challenge and/or interesting data sets is welcome, even if the statistical challenge is yet to be solved!
- 40 minutes for each talk + 10 minutes for discussion.
- The talk should be accessible to all grad students who have completed 1 year of the program.
- Informal style. For instance, chalk and blackboard talks are welcome. Incomplete/ongoing research projects are encouraged.
- Interruptions during the talk are welcome but they should only be for clarifications; longer questions are to be left to the discussion period.
- Unpublished work may not be shared or discussed outside the group without the permission of the speaker.