Tom's Taco Recipe
- Time: 25 min
- Serves: 4-6 people
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1(8-oz.) can tomato sauce
- 2 taco shells
- 6 oz. (1 1/2 cups) shredded American or Cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 3/4 cup sour cream, if desired
- Heat oven to 250°F.
- In medium skillet, brown ground beef and onion over medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes. Drain.
- Stir in chili powder, salt, garlic powder and tomato sauce.
- Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place taco shells on ungreased cookie sheet. Heat at 250°F. for 5 minutes.
- To assemble tacos, layer beef mixture, cheese, lettuce and tomatoes in each taco shell. Serve with salsa; top with sour cream.