I am a rising 5th-year Ph.D. student supervised by Dr. Sharon Huang and Dr. Zihan Zhou. Before joining Penn State, I worked with Dr. Bin Wu , and received my Master degree in Instrument Science and Technology and Bachelor degree in Measuring and Control Technology and Instrumentations from Tianjin University in 2017 and 2014, respectively.
My research interest lies on computer vision and deep learning, especially focusing on 3D vision. Currently, I am working on projects that use deep learning methods to recover 3D structures from image(s). Please refer to my CV for more details.
* I am Looking for full-time positions related to computer vision and deep learning.
- Wrote software for a novel camera device, collected data with it, and performed data pre-processing.
- Explored multiple depth estimation methods for various inputs and cues, and delivered the model ahead of the deadline;
- The final model outperformed the baseline by 32% and exceed the targeted accuracy by 21% in terms of RMSE;
- Delivered the report, and advised the team on how to apply the proposed technologies on Amazon's physical shopping products.
- Developed a weakly supervised single-view plane recovery method that can simultaneously predict plane segments and parameters with only depth supervision.
- The final model is able to handle arbitrary number of planes, and improved parameter accuracy by 27% compared to PlaneRecover with the same plane number.
- Designed a ZigBee based ad-hoc mesh network for real-time outdoor communication.
College of Information Scienece and Techonolgy, The Pennsylvania State University
School of Precision Instruments and Optoelectronics Engineering, Tianjin University
Apart from being a Ph.D. student, I enjoy my time with movies, computer games, and travel. I also like to play badminton and billiards, regardless of my poor skill.
I am from a small city called Wenzhou in China. I am very pround of my hometown and our dialect, Wenzhou Hua. Some people rank it as the world's most difficult dialect and call it "Devil's lanuage" . Here is an interesting comparison between my hometown language and Cantonese . Have fun!